Are you one of the lucky ones who can enjoy a day in the sun by your pool? Consider some ideas for beautiful and practical arrangement of the area near the artificial reservoir, thanks to which the relaxation will give you even more pleasure, especially when the summer is really hot.
Features of a perfect pool location
Here are three criteria to consider when setting up a pool:
- Activity. Organize the space according to your individual purpose. On one hand, there should be a seating area where you can read a book or relax by the water. On the other hand, create a friendly dining area where you meet family and friends during pool parties.
- Wind. To avoid shivering from the cold, consider the local climate and wind blowing when getting out of the pool. This will help you choose your pool location as well as the vegetation you plant. When it comes to vegetation, you should choose deciduous or evergreen plants such as pine, laurel or lime. This will prevent leaves from getting into the water and make the pool easier to maintain.
- Surroundings. It’s worth taking care of the proximity of amenity areas, especially when you’re in your swimsuit. At this point, locate each component of the pool area to create a space protected from the eyes of observers.
How to arrange the area around the body of water?
The type of materials used around the pool is key. Of course, people focus on materials that are resistant to prolonged exposure to water and moisture.
Wooden (properly protected) or wood-like panels, stone, ceramic tiles, among others, work here. Regardless of the type of surface you choose, you should pay attention to its slip resistance.
There are several types of pool beaches, which largely depend on the inspiration or preference for one or the other material. Consider a brief overview of current trends.
Wood is one of the most commonly used materials for curb design. This type of beach offers a natural aesthetic that many people like:
- Natural wood. Hard and easy to work with, wood blends harmoniously into the garden. There are several types of wood to use, such as exotic or European.
- Composite or synthetic wood. An alternative to natural wood, offering the same effect. It is easy to wash, durable and adapts quickly to the pool deck.
A wooden beach is quite easy to assemble because it can simply be cut and placed on adjustable mounts. There is no need for a concrete slab underneath it.
A mineral pool beach includes a wide variety of materials to suit all tastes:
- Natural stone. It is distinguished by its unique features and natural appearance. It is very durable and gives many possibilities (granite, limestone).
- Tile. Easy-care exterior ceramics come in a variety of sizes and textures for every taste. The current trend is fairly large tiles for pools like 40 x 40 or 50 x 50. However, be careful to choose a color that is not too dark to prevent heat in the sun.
Also make sure that the beach around the pool extends at least 3 ft. It will be easier to install a roof in the future. In addition, it is worth thinking about installing sun loungers that will be more stable on the beach. Thus, you will be able not only to swim, but also to sunbathe and sleep in the open air.
How to decorate the area near the pool? Fashionable and practical solutions
Furnishing an outdoor living room, next to the pool, is the perfect recipe for the highest-end relaxation. Imagine: a warm evening, refreshing drinks, tasty snacks and great company! What do you need? Garden furniture with huge upholstered cushions whose covers are easy to wash and dry. Remember that the inserts should be waterproof, as should the material the furniture is made of.
Dining by the pool can turn into great fun. While some enjoy the taste of snacks, others can cool off in the pool. All you need is a large table and chairs, preferably lightweight and folding, that can be stored in the garage or basement if the weather is bad. If you like unusual solutions, make a chalkboard table bar.
Decorations around the pool? Why not! Bet on the natural look. Yucca palms, ficus, and large potted plants will create a nice, somewhat exotic atmosphere. Tropical cactus or cypress arrangements will look like garden sculptures.
If you want to cover the wall of your home or garage, choose a vertical garden. Plus, sidewalks in summer colors, sun umbrellas, mattresses and pillows with nautical stripes will create a great relaxing atmosphere near the pool.
Sunshine during the day, but in the evening?
The light points installed on the bottom or walls of the pool will help to create a beautiful romantic atmosphere and make the evening water procedures more pleasant, but that’s not all! Additional lights can help to illuminate the plants around the pool or the most beautiful corners of the garden.
What style should you choose for your pool?
Nothing should limit you in choosing the style of your dream pool. Just remember to make sure that the artificial body of water is in harmony with its surroundings. You can choose between such timeless suggestions as Roman, Monk or Greek style. In turn, fans of modernity are sure to love innovative pools with shiny surfaces.
Modern pools are the perfect complement to the new architecture and design. Pools with geometric shapes can blend perfectly into the landscape. Reservoirs with glass walls would also be amazing, especially on rooftops of buildings.
Modern pools should be lined with matching tile and roof designs. Additional lighting and heating systems will ensure that they can be used at any time of the day or night without worrying about climatic conditions. Don’t forget that nowadays architects and designers can offer ecological solutions, which will provide recreation in harmony with nature.
For centuries, people have loved relaxing in the water, so there are endless classic styles to choose from. U-shaped pools are ideal for relaxing and spending time with friends.
Romantic and Greek styles are characterized by stairs that provide easy access and classic, vintage-inspired finishes. The rectangular shape is the most functional. It is also the easiest to maintain.
Pool as a natural body of water
Many people associate a pool in the garden with luxury. However, often even this exclusive solution does not fit in with the aesthetics of the environment.
Corner tiles or the inevitable damage and cavities in the joints cause the pool to spoil the landscape, and bathing in it certainly does not give a sense of respite and communion with nature. It’s worth considering a solution that blends in with the environment, displacing heavy and unsightly concrete structures.
In order to create and ennoble the area near the pool, you need to think carefully and create a project, as well as monitor all stages of the work. But as a result, you can get a comfortable recreational area, which will not go unnoticed by household members and guests.